Mouthwatering Salad Sensation

It never seizes to amaze me how the combination of very simple ingredients can produce such mouthwatering sensations.
If you read my last post you will know I am in my Gordon Ramsay kick lately, after (re)discovering Gordon's Ramsay 100% cookbook.

I have been sifting through the book, trying out recipes that sound good, the kind that allow me to be true to my health believes and are simple and easy to prepare. Above all, they have to taste gorgeous!

Here is an amazing green salad. I am convinced that the only way you can achieve this perfect symphony of taste, is if you follow Gordon's instructions to the 'T'. Don't think, "oh well, surely I can replace the one green leaf for the other...". Diverting from his suggested ingredients, believe you me, will ruin the magic!

What you need
•big salad plate

Ingredients (for 6)
•small fennel bulb, washed and thinly sliced
•a big (or 2 small) ripe pears; washed and thinly sliced (seeds removed, keep the skin)
•125 g of water cress leaves, washed
•100 g of rucola, washed
•1 tbs of coarse-grain mustard
•1 tbs of Dijon mustard
•1 tbs of lemon juice
•4 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
•salt and pepper

Preparation
•spread the green leaves on the plate
•arrange the sliced fennel and the pear pieces on top
•pour all the liquids in a container, add just a pinch of salt and pepper; then close the lid and shake for a few seconds
•with a tablespoon, sprinkle the vinaigrette on top

Remarks
You could prepare the vinaigrette and slice the pears before hand and keep it ready in the fridge, but you definitely want to arrange the greens in the salad plate last minute and serve immediately after adding the vinaigrette.