Flying a North American airline? All the more reason to plan your meal(s)!
Here are a few ideas that will keep you in check, are easy to stash in your carry-on luggage and will pass security no problemo. Fill up your zip-locks and you are set to go!
- a hard boiled egg;
- smoked salmon (mackerel or eal)
- a slice of Nutty Autumn Loaf
- a piece of cooked left-over fish or (game) meat
- sliced fresh fruit
- sliced carrots and cucumber
- mixed nuts
- dates, dried prunes and/or dried figs
- + 70% dark chocolate
For flights to the USA, remember that the perishables you took with you and did not finish, will have to stay on board when you de-plane.