Zucchini Bread

One of the most difficult things for health conscious newbies is to say goodbye to bread. I never really had much bread before I changed my diet... So I have not missed bread with the meals as much as I thought I would.

But we are all different and if you have been programmed to have bread on a daily basis, it is difficult -at least in the beginning- to live without it.

So for those in bread-withdrawal (and for those that are not), here is a amazing alternative. The perfect (savoury) zucchini bread that you can use the same way you would use any 'regular' loaf of bread. You can even toast it! 

There are quite a few recipes on internet for zucchini bread. I tried out many and didn't like a single one. But maybe it is just me... Most of them have banana in it, cinnamon? raisins? No. I definitely did not like the mix of zucchini with sweet ingredients.

So here is my own concoction. I hope you like it as much and my friends and my family members do!

What you need
•a bread pan 27 cm long, 11,5 cm wide and 8 cm high

Ingredients
•200 g of almond meal
•270 g of grated unpeeled zucchini (previously washed and dried)
•3 medium sized eggs
•1 tsp Himalayan salt
•1/2 tsp baking soda
•1/3 cup melted coconut oil
•1 tbs herbes de provence
•50 g pine nuts (previously roasted)

What you do
•preheat the oven to 190°C
•grease your baking pan or otherwise line it with parchment paper
•combine all the ingredients and blend well
•pour the mixture into your baking pan and bake for about 45 min. (or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean);
•cool (almost completely) and slice

Notes
•you will be able to get approximately 8-10 slices out of this loaf
•you could freeze it, but there is nothing like biting into the freshly made bread!
•if you decide not to freeze it, you could put it in the fridge and keep it a few days...